"True Spirit Martial Arts" comes from "Shoshin", the meanings of the word is "True Heart" or "Beginners Mind". Shoshin is a term used in Zen to describe the state of mind that a child goes into when lost in the wonderment of exploring something new totally entranced.
Code of Hohan Soken
1. Always act in a courteous manner.
2. During training, concentrate to the limit of your mental endurance. Give your all, mentally and physically, as training without concentration prevents advancement.
3. The physical, mental and spiritual training of the student should be combined as one. The heart, mind and body should be in unison at all times.
4. Heed the advice of your teacher and of more advanced students of your school and other schools; listen to them and never forget their advice.
5. Listening and watching are key points to advancement.
6. In order to advance, one must strive to obtain the true spirit of karate.
7. Training is on a continuous basis, and one learns a little at a time. Do not take breaks in training as it will result in a step backwards.
8. Always strive for advancement and when advanced, one must not brag or boast.
9. Self-praise and over-confidence is a sickness that corrupts training.
10. Refrain from over-eating, drinking and smoking, for these bad habits hinder the effectiveness of your training.
11. Karate training has no limits. Step by step, study by study, and one day in the future you will undoubtedly enter the
Goshin Karate and Judo Academy
http://www.YourWorthDefending.com/ - Scottsdale Women's Self Defense Class - July 30th
Providing AWARD WINNING Instruction/Lessons in Martial Arts, Self Defense, Judo, Jujitsu, MMA and Karate, for Kids, Teens and Adults in the Cave Creek, Phoenix, Scottsdale and the entire north valley of Arizona since 1991.
SAME LOCATION FOR 20 YEARS
Scottsdale Arizona, Karate Kids, Phoenix Arizona, Taekwondo, , Ju-jitsu / Jiu-jitsu, Grappling, Kickboxing, Hapkido, Judo, Kung Fu, Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do, Leadership, Escrima, Black Belts School, Kali Arnis, Wushu, Aikido, Judo, Kempo / Kenpo, Yoga, TaiChi, Self Defense Training, Practical Street Defense, Family Fun, Women's Self Defense, Stranger Danger, Bully Busting, Self Esteem. Acts of Kindness, Bully Prevention, Workplace violence, School Violence, Summer Camp, Excellences, Personal Training, Executive Self Defense, Boxing, Weapons, Extreme Martial Arts (XMA), Black Belt Training, Personal Achievement.